Monday, November 8, 2010

Politics of the day

For me, this is the iconic image for our era.  It says it all. (Removed photo of the "morans" guy.)

For the most part, this blog won't be a place for politics, at least not from my end.  Enough good people are covering it all, in intensely nauseating detail.  I commend them but I don't have the stomach for it.  When things change and there are some good guys too root for again, I may change my tune.

But for now, there's nothing to say.  I see no light at the end of the tunnel.  It's disheartening but it's also the very thing that drives me to the computer to write.  If the world is going to be a huge disappointment, I'll just have to make some other reality so I can spend my time there.  Makes sense to me.

Writing fiction is the way I keep myself sane.