Wednesday, February 24, 2016

So, indoor humidity is a thing?

Who knew? I always thought humidity was something to dread. In the summer months I read the weather forecasts with dread, anxiously looking for a humidity index well below 60. But I never thought it mattered indoors.

But then my doctor told me to get a humidifier. I dutifully said "okay" but when I got home, I didn't rush to Amazon to order one. I decided I definitely didn't want one in my house. Humidity? Isn't that anti-electronics? As an avid computer-guy, the prospect worried me. So I googled it and learned that humidity can actually help electronics. Strange but true.

Not only did it fix my dry-nose problem, it fixed all kinds of stuff. Ever since I moved here about seven months ago, I've gotten shocks whenever I touched plugged-in electronics. In my wildest dreams, I would never have attributed this to an overly dry home. I don't think I've ever even heard that. But the shocks are gone. I can touch anything in my house now! Oh, joy.

Also, within an hour of plugging in the humidifier, my plants stood up and saluted. In fact, they're still saluting two weeks later. They love it. Again, who knew? I mean, I knew plants needed moisture but I thought I was providing that by watering them and then spraying them daily. The humidifier does much more for them. They adore it, the cute little green fellas.

So that's it, I'm hooked. In fact, I even bought a spare, dog forbid mine conks out. You gotta have a spare. You gotta!

PS: I'm blogging because I finally hit a manic streak. Being manic depressive isn't that bad, as long as the moods switch regularly. But I hadn't experienced a manic wave in ages. Blogging fell by the wayside, life fell there too. But now I'm me again. Hooray! (And it had better last for a while. You'll know. If I blog, it's still with me. This is no way to live but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.)