Sunday, July 8, 2012

Guess I'll have to watch the All-Star Game

My ultra-favorite player this year, Bryce Harper, just replaced Giancarlo Stanton on the All-Star team. The rookie is only 19 and is the youngest player ever to make it to the All-Star game. This is very cool. And mark my words, he'll make waves at the game. This kid is amazing.

So now I'm going to have to watch the game. Four players from one of my two main teams, the Nats, are going to the All-Star game: Bryce Harper, Ian Desmond, Gio Gonzalez and Steven Strasburg. Plus Dickey from the Mets will also be there. So yup, I have to watch the game. Starlin Castro's going too. With all these guys in the line-up, I can't diss the game (too much) this year.

But to be clear: it's not a game, it's a show. If it was a game, they'd keep the best players in for the whole thing. Instead, they trot people out like runway models. It's not a game. Just saying.