Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Literature & Latte has a new note-taking program

Literature & Latte is the company that produces Scrivener, the program I use to write fiction. It's the best writing software in the world, as I've mentioned here before.

They just put out a new program, a simple app for note-taking. It's called Scapple and there's a rundown of it here. It's only $15 and it's a Mac-only app. Sorry, PC users. Mac folks can download a free trial here. Lasts for 30 days.

I bought it the second it came out. It's really just a big piece of "paper" on which you can double-click to create a note. You can move the notes around all you want. And if you want to connect notes, you just drop them on each other and a line connects them. It's no great shakes, just a simple tool. I think I'll use it, though I'm not sure. I'll let you know in a later post.

And no, I'm not the Keith who makes this software. He's a great guy, though. Responds to every email.