Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm back in the saddle again

Yesterday the blessed Apple Store called to say my computer was ready. Of course, I rushed off to Connecticut immediately to fetch it. This time the store was not only very noisy and crowded -- it was hot! Still, it didn't take too long, perhaps 10 minutes, before they handed me my baby.

(You must buy Apple's "AppleCare Protection Plan" when you get a Mac. It's 249 bucks and covers you for three years. The bill for fixing my computer -- they told me lightning or a power surge killed something inside it -- would have been $776 but because I had the plan it was free. And I've still got over two years coverage coming. Plus you can call them with questions every day if you want. They're quick and they actually help you. It's a grand company.)

I can't tell you how happy I am to be staring at my 27 inch screen again. What you really should do after reading this article is go buy a 27-inch iMac. This thing is so fast and responsive, it's shocking. Anyway, I'm home again. Woot!