Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My latest food craze

Each summer I succumb to a food craze of some sort. Usually, I crave something pickled. I have no idea why. In past years I'd crave spicy tuna sandwiches with pickle slices across the top -- on burnt toast. Gotta be burnt. But I hardly ever eat animals anymore and anyway, now that the Gulf's ecology is so shady, it's probably not safe to eat.

This year I found myself craving Victoria Marinated Artichoke Hearts. I put them on all my nice, non-animal sandwiches and have been doing this for about a month now -- and it's not getting old. In fact, it's totally taken over my life. I cannot get enough of them.

And then just now -- like it was a miracle sent to me by god -- I stumbled upon the Victoria web page! And on that blessed page there is a product I must eat immediately: Victoria Marinated Artichoke Salad! I gotta have it! Fair warning: if you're between me and a jar of this at the supermarket, get out of my way.

I'm addicted, what can I say? Do you experience voracious, seasonal food crazes? And if so, what do you crave?