Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fame is exactly like the plague

In an America where many people would kill to "go viral" and be known to others, I'm an outlier. In fact, I'm way off the chart. To me, fame is the saddest thing that can happen to a person.

If my horror novel is a hit, I'll be very happy. But I refuse to become personally famous. It's just not happening. I won't be interviewed, won't go on shows, won't appear here and there to promote the book. I ain't doin' nuthin'. The book will sink or swim on its own merits.

Mind you, I'll always be here at the blog and any reader who wants to interact with me will be able to. That was my aim when creating this blog, to give people a way to speak to me. But I will always be a virtual experience. There will be no live video chats, no images of Keith O'Connor in the media. I'm a hermit and that's that. Just saying.