Monday, December 3, 2012

Ah, the lovely mania

I'm happy to report that I went manic this morning. Huzzah! Now, this isn't definitive. It has to last a day or two before I can trust that it's here for good a while. I sure hope so because I feel faaaaabulous!

In a good sign, I went back to reading "The Worlds" today. It's the book I plan to work on in the year ahead. It needs help, that's for sure. But it's a great story. All it needs is some tender, loving care. This is going to work.

If you're a writer, it's never about what you've written. What you're writing now is what matters. Good to think I'm almost back on the stick. (Where did that awful expression come from, anyway? Cars?)

Whoopee! Mania!!!

PS: wiki.answers.com says "Early 20th. century aviation, airplane controls consisted of only a rudder and stick. To 'get on the stick' was to take control of a situation, problem or circumstance." I love the internet.