Saturday, September 21, 2013

Halloween is coming!

When I went out yesterday, all the stores had huge Halloween displays. It was a bit of a shock, but then it is getting cool around here. The leaves are already turning.

I love this time of year. To me, Fall is the beginning of the year. Where other people get into "Spring cleaning" in the, you know, Spring, I feel this way in the fall. Lately I've been sprucing up the house, getting heavy clothes ready for wear, bagging up fans for the winter, etc. It's time to get my act together: that's how Fall feels to me.

October brings Halloween, which is the doorway to Xmas. And you know what that means: It's time to read Xmas Carol (if you haven't already). Great read, cheap price, fun thrills and liberal leanings -- that's Xmas Carol. It'll kick-start your holiday season. I promise.