Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's hard not to like Francis

No, not the mule. The pope. He's going to "lead a worldwide day of fasting and prayer for peace [in Syria] on Sept. 7". I can't help but like his style (though of course, he stands for a false god and a religion that denigrates women and gays; one can never forget this).
"I forcefully condemn the use of chemical weapons," he said. "I tell you I have impressed in my mind and heart the images of what happened in the last days." 

Usually soft-spoken, Francis raised his voice as he declared, "War brings on war! Violence brings on violence." 
And once again, he takes care not to stomp on atheists:
Francis invited Catholics, other Christians, those of other faiths and non-believers who are "men of good will" to join him that evening in St. Peter's Square to invoke the "gift" of peace for Syria, the rest of the Middle East and worldwide where there is conflict. 
He's a big improvement over that Nazi guy he replaced. What was his name? Oh, right: the popeyguy. Good riddance to her him. I hope for more good stuff from Francis. Maybe in the end, he can make the Catholic hierarchy less hateful. We can hope, anyway.