Sunday, January 23, 2011

What the hell, it's Sunday

I think we have to face something: You're nobody until you've been picketed by the idiots from the Westboro Baptist Church. When they go after you, it's sort of like getting the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval used to be.

So what do you have to do, who do you have to be, for the Westboro dingbats to target you? Judging by their actions, the answer is a soldier, a grieving relative, an upstanding Democrat, a gay person, a liberal or an atheist -- in other words, a decent person with a brain that works. That's all it takes for these evil demons to target you.

It's the new imprimatur: being picketed by the craziest goons ever to live in this country. And, hooo-eee! That comes with a whole passel o' meaning. I can only say that I hope they picket me one day. Then I'll know I've really arrived.