Friday, February 3, 2012

Twisted Catholic morality

You know the church lady in NYC who stole a million dollars from the church she worked for? Here's the story about it. And here's a quote from the sainted woman herself:
“I went to Mass every day,” Collins said, portraying herself as a devout Catholic pained by her sins. “My faith is strong. I’m praying for all the people I’ve hurt.” 
She issued 458 checks recorded as being for legitimate expenses like electricity and office supplies, prosecutors say. She deposited the checks, written out to her son, into her own bank account. “I’m at peace with God,” Collins told the Daily News, insisting her repeated breaking of the Eighth Commandment was forgiven,'
God is really handy when you break laws. Well, as long as she's fine with god, I guess that's all that matters.