Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weird movies that I like

Bringing Eraserhead up the other day reminded me of weird movies I've enjoyed. Here's my hastily assembled list: 

The Honeymoon Killers. There's something wonderfully deadening about this movie. I laugh through the whole thing. It's ill in so many ways -- and the terrible acting is fabulous!

Sisters is also a phenomenally bad movie. The best thing is Margo Kidder's atrocious acting and accent, but the whole movie is fun. It's just idiotic. Hard to believe it's a Brian de Palma movie.

Obviously, Pink Flamingos has to be on any good, weird movie list. I love everything about this movie.

And I'm compelled to include Barbarella on my list, even though I find it irritating while I'm enjoying it. It's so bad you can't believe someone made it.

This list is a work in progress. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?