Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baseball headline and other funny stuff

"Buccholz tries to get Red Sox off the schneid at Comerica Park", screams the Chicago Tribune headline. (Meaning of schneid.)

Dog, I love the fact that baseball is back. The timing couldn't be better for me. I'm ready to lose myself in the baseball season. And hey, the Mets are 2-0 and the Yanks are 0-2. Woot!

A few funny things I've heard sportscasters say this season:

Gary Cohen about an old-time player: "Well, he was on the backside of his career then."

Hawk Harrelson: "In my time zone . . ." What he means by that is, "Back when I played . . ." I like that. It's creative. I wonder if he made it up.

And I always find it funny when they refer to a player as "a leader in the clubhouse". I picture a guy wearing only a towel around his neck, saying "C'mon guys! Let's go take a steam."


Baseball's back and I couldn't be happier.