Friday, April 20, 2012

Squirrels in the attic

No, it's not another post about religious wingnuts. I'm talkin' real squirrels and attics here.

At least one squirrel has moved into my attic after weeks of eating his way through the walls of the house. I tried to dissuade him on many occasions by throwing uncooked soy beans at him but it didn't work. I won't hurt him, of course. It's Slappy, my friend and most favorite squirrel in the world. Hurt Slappy?! Never.

Which is why getting rid of him is going to be a pain. I'm trying to enlist two friends to enact a plan. I think I know where he gets in, and if two of us watch the house from outside while another goes into the attic to freak Slappy out, I figure he'll leave and we can patch the hole.

Mind you, he'll just eat his way back in. Poor Slappy. He's just making a safe nest to have babies. It's Spring and it's what you have to do if you're a squirrel. It's the rules. So I can't blame him. In his shoes, I'd be doing the same thing.

Anyway, you oughta hear my attic right now. It's a party up there. Now, where are those damn friends?