Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dated preacher sounds like idiot

Digby wrote about something that John Hagee, a major wingnut preacher, said in his Sunday sermon. I think it's both funny and revealing.
Telling atheists to get out of America is one of Hagee's favorite pieces of advice, so it was no surprise to hear him declare it again during his Sunday sermon when he told any atheists listening that "if you pass a manger scene and someone is singing 'Joy To The World,' you can take your Walkman and stuff it into your ears, or you can call your lawyer, or you can just exercise your right to leave the country; planes are leaving every hour on the hour, get on one."
I could go on and on about dusty old wingnut brains that are stuck in the past -- but there's something I'm dying to listen to on my Walkman. I hope I didn't mess up the tape the last time I played it. Tch. They really should invent something new. Anyway, I'm going to run to the living room right now and stuff my Walkman into my ears.